Thursday 7 September 2017

One in front and one behind


Cute kids indeed! Those two terrors like they would be getting into mischief just as soon as they climbed off that make-believe axe-headed horse of theirs.

I've posted about kids on rocking horses before here, and I'm presently on holidays but before I left home I found this sweet little studio portrait of my mother's sister Joan Patricia and her brother Ken. The photograph was probably taken in about 1925 or 1926, the year my mother was born. I've blogged about both Pat and Ken before. I never knew Ken, because he was killed in 1943 in WW2 at only 19, well before I was born, but my Aunty Pat almost made it to 90 and achieved much in her long life.  Here they are just innocent little children looking angelic and natural together, even though this is a posed shot. I love it.


For more posts on the theme for Sepia Saturday #384, click here.

12 comments:

Molly of Molly's Canopy said...

What a lovely photo, and such a unique pose! Hope you are enjoying your travels.

La Nightingail said...

Adorable! There's simply no better word for it. What a sweet print.

Jofeath said...

Just thinking, perhaps I should try to get my 2 grandchildren to recreate the pose, but I doubt they would stay still long enough! The little fellow who turns one on Sunday is constantly on the move and into everything.

tony said...

Yes the Pose Arrests The Eyes.They Look so comfortable and happy.

smkelly8 said...

Charming!

smkelly8 said...

You should get them to.

ScotSue said...

A delightful photograph!

diane b said...

So sad Ken was cut down in the prime of his life and still there are wars.

Mike Brubaker said...

It's the mark of a talented professional photographer to pick the perfect pose for children this age. The loving sister holding cherubic brother must have had a special poignancy for your aunt.

Barbara Rogers said...

I love the pose also, but note that the little girl had to stretch her arms to embrace her brother. We often forget that older children are not capable caregivers of younger ones, usually only to be reminded when they fail in their own (and our adult's) expectations of "caring for the littler one."

Little Nell said...

It really is an unusual and charming pose. It still makes me sad to see lovely young children so happy in photos, and then to find out what happened to them. Ken is forever young.

L. D. said...

Your uncle and aunt in a very cute pose. The guy had a bowl haircut.